Sticky BBQ pork ribs with potato salad
2kg pork spare ribs (3-4 racks)
½ cup water
¾ cup BBQ sauce
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
500g potatoes, cut into cubes
½ lemon, juiced
½ cup egg mayonnaise
¼ red onion, thinly diced
½ cup of bacon bits or diced ham
¼ cup basil, ripped
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl and place the ribs in the marinade and refrigerate overnight or for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Remove the ribs from the bowl and place them on a roasting pan along with ¼ cup of water. Keep the bowl of marinade to the side.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 1.5 hours until ribs are tender.
- Turn the oven up to 180 degrees celsius and remove the foil.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the leftover marinade.
- For the potato salad, boil the cubed potatoes until soft.
- Mix potatoes well with the mayonnaise, red onion, bacon, basil and lemon juice.
- Brush the ribs one last time with pan juices and serve with potato salad, gherkins and corn cobs.